Choosing the right custom home design firm is a crucial step in the journey leading you to your dream home. Asking your design team the following questions will help you choose the right team to create your new home, and give you confidence in your selections. These questions will also help you better understand key steps in the building process and the decisions you’ll make, in partnership with the builder, to bring your new home to life.
- How many years have you been in business?
- How many homes have you built?
- Are you licensed (if applicable) and insured?
- How do you compare yourself to other builders?
- What are the most important benefits of the homes you build?
- What type of warranty do you offer, if any?
- Can you give me references from prior home buyers?
- Are there any model homes you’ve built that I can tour?
- If not, can you help me make an appointment to see a home you built for another customer?
- What are the major energy-saving features of homes you build?
- What standard features do your homes include?
- What options and upgrades can I select?
- Who will oversee the construction of my home?
- Who should I contact with any questions I may have?
- How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
- How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
- How often (and when) will I have access to the home during the building process?
- How long will my home take to complete?
- Does the community have a Home Owners Association and/or an Architectural Review Committee? If so, may I get a copy of their rules and the amount of any fees?
- What’s your process for inspection at key points of construction, at final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
This should be a good place to start, however there may be other important questions you wish to ask, so feel free to add them! Once you’ve gotten all your answers, then all that’s left to do is sit back and let us do the work! Congratulations! You’ve embarked on an exciting journey that will lead to your dream home. As you progress through each stage, finding, buying, designing and building your new home, there are many great resources within our team to assist you.
Don’t ever hesitate to reach out to our team of qualified design-build Memphis contractors with any additional questions that may arise along the way. Building a new home can seem scary but overall it is very exciting! Enjoy each part of the process.